The CHAIRity event, the flagship fundraising initiative of The Green Chair Project, brought together an exceptional roster of talented designers who not only lent their talents to redesign chairs but also crafted enchanting room vignettes, inspiring attendees with their innovative designs.
This year’s event was the most remarkable yet, thanks to the generous support of industry leaders and sponsors (listed below!) who graciously donated their time and resources to ensure the success of the event.
Throughout the three-day event, attendees had the privilege of mingling with the brilliant minds behind the living spaces and chairs on display, all of which were available for purchase supporting the non-profit’s mission. The event also hosted book signings by acclaimed authors Whitney English and Carley Summers, and an engaging floral arranging segment led by Katie Wood and friends. Attendees witnessed the artistry of live painting by Karen Scott and gained insights into upholstery and fabric lampshade craftsmanship with experts like Brittany Bailey and Sandra VanSickle. Moreover, Spoonflower artists, including Danika Herrick and Whitney English, offered exclusive consultations, adding an enriching layer to the event’s offerings.
As of September 1 – just before the event – The Green Chair Project has provided an astounding 1,367 beds and cribs for children, as well as furnished 1,001 households with the quintessential elements of home. The tremendous turnout at the CHAIRity event ensures that these numbers will continue to rise, brightening the lives of countless individuals and families well into 2024. The total funds raised during this remarkable event will be announced soon, further underscoring the impact of this community-driven initiative.
LIVING SPACE DESIGNERS –
- Barnett Adler, Adler Design
- Cassie Adams, Cassie Adams Designs
- Lori Moscato, Casual Elegance Designs
- Sally Williams, Colorful Concepts Interior Design
- Lauren Burns, Lauren Burns Interiors
- Liles Dunnigan, Liles Dunnigan Interiors
- Tonya Hill, Opalus Designs
- Gigi Sireyjol-Horsley and Virginie Birgand, Paysage Home
- Nicole Ingram, Stacy Nicole Interiors
- Susan Tollefsen, Susan Tollefsen Interiors
- Jamie Meares and Dustin Slemp, Jamie Meares and Dusty Slemp
- Chrissie Meadows, Quintessentials
VIGNETTE DESIGNERS –
- Robin Jarvi, Calyco Interior Designs
- Lauren McKay, Lauren McKay Interiors
- Meredith ASID, Sponsored by Southern Studio
CHAIR DESIGNERS –
- Amy Johnson, Fain Interiors
- Anna Applegate, Anna Applegate Interiors
- Meredith Wyche, Design Works Studio
- Elizabeth O’Neal, Elizabeth O’Neal Interiors
- Heather Jennings, Blackwell & Jennings
- Kate Hutchinson, kate.h.design
- Kristin Bartone, Bartone Interiors
- Kristin Tharpe, Parker | Tharpe
- Laura Koshel, LK Design
- Maggie Dillon, Maggie Dillon Interiors
- Nichole Blough, Nichole Blough Interiors
- Tula Summerford, Design by Tula
About Green Chair: For over a decade, The Green Chair Project has been an unwavering beacon of hope for Wake County families, tirelessly working to make essential home furnishings accessible to all. Since its inception in 2010, this remarkable non-profit has touched the lives of over 30,000 individuals, transforming their living spaces into havens of beauty, comfort, and functionality. With a heartwarming commitment to the community, The Green Chair Project recently concluded its most remarkable CHAIRity event yet, redefining the meaning of home with a multi-day design showcase.