JuniperMarket will present RISE, a curated showcase of women-owned lifestyle brands making their market debuts, at the Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market this summer. The 17 brands – all currently live and selling on JuniperMarket – join International Market Centers’ vendor community as part of ongoing efforts to support values-based commerce and bring new perspectives to its physical and digital markets.
“Our goal is to bring new voices to wholesale by empowering retailers to stock their shelves with products from women-owned businesses. Some 80% of the brands featured in the inaugural RISE showcase are helmed by women of color with founders self-identifying as API, Black and LatinX,” said Vanessa Bruce, vice president of social impact for IMC. “We’re committed to the intersectionality of community and values, and RISE makes it easy for buyers to source values-based brands both online and at market.”
RISE will feature brands led by female makers and artisans selling products with values such as being cruelty-free, eco-friendly, handmade, vegan and more. The brands will be presented together as a collective within Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market temporary exhibits. To date, 17 brands are confirmed:
- 700 Rivers – API-Owned, all-natural soaps ethically handcrafted by Bangladeshi artisans who have escaped human trafficking. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- Amy Zhang – API-Owned, stationery and gifts featuring original illustrations with 100% of proceeds from select products donated to the ACLU. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- ANOVÉ – Black-Owned, eco-friendly, vegan and cruelty-free skincare ethically handmade in the USA. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Ardor Bin – Black-Owned, all-natural coconut soy wax candles handmade in the USA. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- Becalia Botanicals – LatinX-Owned, Mexican-inspired, cruelty-free skincare handmade in the USA. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
- Duebest – reusable cutlery and kitchenware. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
- Eatable – API-Owned, wine- and spirit-infused popcorn. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Gleam – LatinX-Owned, stylish and functional computer glasses. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
- JJ Paperie and Company – LatinX-Owned, eco-friendly stationery and home products featuring hand-drawn designs. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- Modern Theory – API-Owned, eco-friendly candles ethically handmade in the USA with a portion of sales donated to social causes including women’s rights and healthcare. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Naked Bar Soap Co. – Black-Owned, artisan soaps and bath & body products with nourishing ingredients, essential oils, herbs, florals and natural colorant. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Ora Ana – Black-Owned, eco-friendly and ethically made simple, bold and overstated jewelry. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
- Ordinary Habit – limited-edition games created in collaboration with select artists with a portion of profits donated monthly to the Loveland Foundation. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- Salut – API-Owned, vegan botanical drink infusions handmade in the USA. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- Soil to Studio – API-Owned, Artisan textiles handmade in India. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
- Us Two Tea – API-Owned, handpicked tea from Taiwan. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Verve Culture – global artisan-made kitchenware and gourmet foods. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
As an extension of the RISE showcases, Bruce will lead a panel of select participants in a discussion about the importance of weighing a brands’ ethics and values when sourcing new vendors and products. “Commerce For Good: The Importance of Values-Based Sourcing” will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 16, during Atlanta Market and at 2 p.m. Sunday, July 24, during Las Vegas Market.