American Leather Holdings has rebranded as Artisant Lane. The Dallas-based holding company serves as the corporate umbrella for American Leather, BenchMade Modern, Brookline Furniture and LEE Industries, a portfolio of furniture manufacturers that spans the residential, commercial, hospitality, rental and vacation markets.
“The vision is to build a platform of distinctive brands which deliver an exceptional customer experience — leveraging a multibrand strategy built on best-in-class operations, along with the capabilities and best practices of the combined organization,” said Brian Golden, CEO of Artisant Lane. “Artisant Lane signals a renewed commitment to the success of our brands, employees and customers.”
Manufacturing their products in the United States, the brands collectively employ more than 1,300 people. The brands:
- American Leather, based in Dallas, is a leader in made-to-order, premium leather and fabric furniture produced inthree weeks or less.
- LEE Industries specializes in custom upholstery for interior design showrooms and high-end retailers across North America. The brand’s production facilities are in Conover, North Carolina, and Newton, North Carolina.
- Brookline Furniture, with headquarters in Archdale, North Carolina, is an established leader in upholstered seating for the hospitality industry.
- BenchMade Modern is an online, direct-to-consumer producer and retailer of custom, premium furniture.
Under Golden’s leadership, the company has focused on elevating the customer experience through a better articulation of what makes each brand unique. At the same time, it has put an emphasis on supporting each of the businesses with the introduction of Centers of Excellence in operations, digital marketing, IT infrastructure and supply chain management.
The company has also announced the addition of Dan Campbell to the executive leadership team, serving as executive vice president of business development and president of BenchMade Modern. Most recently, Campbell was vice president of sales and business development for Holly Hunt, a division of MillerKnoll.
“We are extremely excited to have Dan join our team. Adding someone of his caliber will serve a critical role as we broaden and refine our product lines, ultimately strengthening our business and further fueling our growth,” Golden said.
Since early 2022, Artisant Lane has undergone a shift in leadership that has included several key appointments:
- Brian Golden, CEO of Artisant Lane and American Leather as of May 2022
- Phil Milazzo, chief operating officer of Artisant Lane as of May 2022
- Gerry Maters, chief financial officer of Artisant Lane as of November 2022
- Dan Campbell, executive vice president of market development for Artisant Lane and president of BenchMade Modern as of March 2023
- Veronica Schnitzius, president of American Leather as of May 2022 (previously serving as COO of Artisant Lane)
- Russell Towner, president of LEE Industries/Brookline Furniture as of May 2022 (previously serving as president of LEE)
- Justin Emig, vice president of e-commerce for Artisant Lane as of June 2022
- John McIntosh, vice president of hospitality for American Leather as of October 2022
- Guillermo Mascarell, vice president of technology of Artisant Lane as of February 2022.